Intellect and knowledge are key to effective job performance, but emotional intelligence is what enables you to be a truly successful leader. Understanding employees’ needs and what drives them helps you build and navigate workplace relationships. You will learn about the direct link between emotional intelligence and practical leadership behaviors. You will use that understanding to guide you in self-reflective activities and challenging exercises built around a series of emotionally charged situations.
Delegates will learn how to
- Explain the value of emotional intelligence for leaders in the modern workplace
- Describe the impact of your emotional intelligence on your leadership behaviors and decision making processes
- Identify key characteristics of an emotionally intelligent leader
- Respond to emotionally charged situations in an emotionally competent manner
- Demonstrate emotionally intelligent leadership behaviors when leading others
- Promote emotionally intelligent leadership behaviors throughout your organization
This course is intended for managers, team leaders, or team members who want to become more effective leaders by becoming more emotionally intelligent.