The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager course extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at Foundation Level to enable the role of Test Manager to be performed.
The ISTQB Certified Test Manager Advanced Level is principally aimed at test practitioners who are expecting to be actively involved in the management of any aspect of software testing, and who want to increase their test management knowledge and skills beyond the levels covered by the Foundation and Intermediate qualifications. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. This Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts and management consultants.
Delegate will learn how to
- Define the overall testing goals and strategy for the systems being tested
- Plan, schedule and track the tasks
- Describe and organize the necessary activities
- Select, acquire and assign the adequate resources to the tasks
- Select, organize and lead testing teams
- Organize the communication between the members of the testing teams, and between the testing teams and all the other stakeholders
- Justify the decisions and provide adequate reporting information where applicable