The status quo in an organization functions as the baseline upon which all employees operate. However, this does not mean alternate perspectives and solutions should not be considered. As an organization grows, so too must the status quo. You will learn how to reframe organizational issues to overcome complex issues, and you will discuss ways to overcome common barriers that hinder breakthrough thinking. Challenge yourself to transform your thinking by engaging in breakthrough problem-solving.
Delegates will learn
- Define the status quo and evaluate the effectiveness of situations in which they practiced breakthrough problem-solving
- Assess a potential change to the status quo and determine its likelihood for success
- View problems from various perspectives to devise strategies that incorporate multiple stakeholders’ interests
- Overcome hurdles that impede progress or promote imbedded thinking within an organization
- Use future-focused language and effective coaching strategies to prepare employees for new ways of operating
- Create a breakthrough problem solving plan that fosters sustainable change
- Lead directed brainstorming sessions that yield more substantive results
This course is designed for leaders and managers who want to think in new ways about problems, issues, or challenges in order to break through common perceived barriers.