This course teaches you how to monitor and tune WebSphere Application Servers for improved performance. You learn about performance tuning methods and monitoring tools that apply to both the application server environment and Java EE applications. These methods and tools for load testing, monitoring, and tuning are applied to various WebSphere components, such as the application server’s Java virtual machine (JVM), JDBC connection pools, JMS resources, and the general runtime environment.
Delegates will learn how to
- Apply performance tuning methods to WebSphere Application Servers
- Perform load testing by using Apache JMeter
- Monitor application server performance by using WebSphere and the IBM Support Assistant
- Monitor and tune the JVM for optimum throughput and response time
- Monitor and tune connection pools for optimum performance
- Implement best practices for general WebSphere runtime performance
- Use the IBM Health Center tool to profile and tune Java EE applications
- Load test and monitor an application server cluster
This intermediate course is designed for anyone who works on WebSphere related applications and projects, including administrators, IBM Business Partners, independent software vendors, and consultants.
The course is applicable to users running WebSphere Application Server on various platforms including IBM i systems.