The course covers configuring sever-client communication, domains, groups, locations and Active Directory integration. You will also learn how Symantec Endpoint Protection uses LiveUpdate servers and Group Update Providers to deliver content to clients. Responding to incidents using monitoring and reporting is also incorporated into this course.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe how the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) communicates with clients and make appropriate changes as necessary.
- Design and create Symantec Endpoint Protection group structures to meet the needs of your organization.
- Respond to threats using SEPM monitoring and reporting.
- Analyze the content delivery system (LiveUpdate).
- Reduce bandwidth consumption using the best method to deliver content updates to clients.
- Configure Group Update Providers.
- Create location aware content updates.
- Use Rapid Release definitions to remediate a virus outbreak.