This five-day course provides the necessary foundation to manage the data center servers and application environment using HP Server Automation (SA) 10. The course covers the key components of SA and their functionality.
Through lecture and hands-on practice, you develop the skills necessary to successfully provision servers, manage physical and virtual environments, as well as manage software, packages, patches, and application configurations using SA. You will also learn how to enforce compliance, and audit and report on server activities through SA.
The course consists of focused, task-oriented lectures, text, and a series of detailed hands-on labs to teach the course material to the student. The hands-on labs use version 10.0 of the software.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the Server Automation (SA) core architecture and key components of SA
- Integrate unmanaged servers into the SA managed environment and discover server information through SA
- Use the Operation System (OS) Provisioning feature of SA to automate the installation of OS onto servers
- Provision virtual servers and manage their server lifecycle through SA
- Create static and dynamic device groups to manage multiple servers as groups
- Manage packages as part of the software management feature in SA
- Use a policy-based management methodology to provision software and manage software updates
- Describe and use Application Deployment Manager (ADM) to manage an application lifecycle using SA
- Use the Application Configuration feature of SA to manage the values in configuration files on managed servers
- Manage patches on various OS platforms using a patch policy or software policy
- Use the Audit and Remediation feature of SA to ensure servers and applications are compliant with defined best practices or corporate policies
- Use the Compliance feature of SA to discover out-of-compliance servers in the managed environment and ensure that they are in compliance with corporate policies
- Use the Global Shell and Global File System (OGFS) features to explore and manage servers in an SA environment
- Create, manage, and execute scripts I SA to manage servers or server groups