As smart devices take a larger portion of the market share, testers will face pressure to test their web applications for mobile devices and potentially test their own organizations native mobile applications. To test mobile devices, in this fast paced, ever-changing industry, testers must learn to deliver quick, extensive, and successful tests on mobile devices.
Many testers attempt to apply what they know to mobile testing, and why that may work for some functional testing, it often leaves many critical features untested. Untested, critical faults can mean a swift end to a mobile application in the market. Thus, learning how to identify common issues in mobile applications and how to properly test the unique aspects of a mobile application is the only way to be successful.
Delegates will learn
- Understand what makes mobile application testing different from standard software testing
- Learn some of the underlying technologies behind mobile devices and how testing is affected
- Explore the different types of mobile applications and how to test for each
- Get hands on experience with different mobile testing tooling
- Discover how mobile applications work and different techniques for testing them
This introductory course is appropriate for both novice and experienced software testers who are new to mobile application testing. Technical support, business analysts, and test managers may also find this course helpful. A background of basic software testing principles is required.