Introduction to PostgreSQL for Developers and Administrators
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system that uses and extends the SQL language combined with many features that safely store and scale the most complicated data workloads.
PostgreSQL has earned a strong reputation for its proven architecture, reliability, data integrity, robust feature set, extensibility, and the dedication of the open source community behind the software to consistently deliver performant and innovative solutions.
This Introduction to PostgreSQL for Developers and Administrators training class provides an introduction to the PostgreSQL database. The course targets both administrators and developers.
Delegates will learn
- about the history of PostgreSQL.
- where to find PostgreSQL documentation and resources.
- understand PostgreSQL Server Architecture.
- about different popular PostgreSQL clients.
- to work with PostgreSQL functions.
- to create your own functions.
- to program with plpgsql.
- to install and setup PostgreSQL securely.
- basic administration tasks such as user creation, cataloging and backing up.
- about SLONY and PGPOOL.
- Understand inheritance in PostgreSQL.
- partition tables.
- to use Tablespaces.
- about database monitoring.
- Understand the EXPLAIN Statement
- about PITR
- to tune the Postgresql Server