This course is the definitive Db2 for z/OS systems administration course.
It comprises all the information required to understand and manage Db2 system functions. The course describes and explains the installation and tailoring of the Db2 system and its attachments, system security, problem determination, system recovery and performance issues.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- describe the address space structure and components of a Db2 subsystem
- understand the Db2 installation process
- identify Db2 functions that best suit the requirements of their site
- implement security for the Db2 system
- understand and implement Db2 system and data recovery and restart procedures
- understand the control and use Db2 trace information to perform system and application tuning
- understand the basic problem determination tools.
System Programmers, technical DBAs and other technical support personnel responsible for implementing and/or managing a Db2 for z/OS system.