This Advanced Reporting on the Web (Report Studio) with IBM Cognos training class provides advanced techniques with IBM Cognos’ Report Studio.Topics include the Query Explorer, bursting reports, advanced prompting, drill-through definitions, active reports, using external data, working with dimensional data and more.The course format includes lecture, instructor-led exercises and independent workshops.
Delegates will learn how to
- Create advanced queries including joins, unions and sub queries using the Query Explorer.
- Create prompts with static values.
- Create advanced prompts for use in sorting and conditional blocks.
- Apply bursting to reports.
- Import external data in Report Studio.
- Create basic active reports with data check box groups, data tab controls and data drop down lists.
- Create a dashboard with drill-through capabilities and a render variable.
- Create a table of contents.
- Apply dimensional reporting techniques with cubes.
This course is for report authors and developers who will create and maintain complex reports in Report Studio.