This UNIX introduction course is a fundamentals course, and an excellent introduction to using UNIX. The course will provide you with the skills necessary to become a confident, competent user. With a high practical content, this course gives ample opportunity to practice the concepts learned during the formal classroom sessions.
lThe practical sessions and labs are task based, and illustrate the real-life problems and challenges often encountered.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- use UNIX documentation
- move around the UNIX directory structure
- create, copy and move files and directories
- understand UNIX file permissions
- use the vi editor
- list and control processes
- understand and use UNIX metacharacters
- use grep, cut, awk, sed and sort
- change login profiles.