This 5-day instructor led course focuses on the essential administrative tasks for Operations Manager on UNIX or Linux. You will learn how to effectively monitor, manage, and report on the health and performance of systems and applications in a heterogeneous IT environment using Operations Manager on UNIX or Linux. The course is delivered using the Linux platform, but applies to all three UNIX platforms where Operations Manager can be installed. The course reinforces concepts with extensive hands-on lab exercises. These hands-on exercises use version 9.10 of the software.
This course is designed for administrators of the Operations Manager 9.x on UNIX/Linux product.
Delegates will learn how to
- Create and modify user (operator) accounts for HP Operations Manager
- Configure system and application monitoring through policies
- Configure automatic responses to system or application problems
- Perform basic HP Operations Manager agent installation
- Configure nodes, node groups, message groups, tools, policies, policy groups, and other essential elements for use by both administrators and operators
- Use the Java Operator GUI to perform day-to-day tasks on messages
- Configure policies, messages, and commands for use in dealing with enterprise activities
- Choose appropriate techniques for managing devices using policies
- Use the Administrator UI to perform all common administrative functions
- Administer and maintain HP Operations Manager, its database and users, including backups of the environment
- Perform needed tasks to manage messages and message content