This five-day course introduces students to LoadRunner 12.0. The course covers topics about the Virtual User Generator (VuGen), Controller, and Analysis tools. This course is designed to give you a foundation in basic load testing tasks. You create and run load test scenarios using the Controller. The Analysis tool is used to analyze load test results. You learn to work with the graphs to display data after a test is executed.
The hands-on labs are designed to provide you with the knowledge necessary to create scripts in VuGen, execute scenarios in the Controller, and view the results in the Analysis tool. The course consists of focused, task-oriented lectures, text, and a series of detailed hands-on labs to teach the course material to the student. The hands-on labs use version 12.0 of the software.
Delegates will learn how to
- Identify the information that you need for load testing
- Identify the components of LoadRunner (LR)
- Apply the recommended workflow to create a basic LR scenario
- Assign scripts, run-time settings, performance monitors, Load Generators (LGs), and Virtual User (Vusers) to a LR scenario based on your load testing goals
- Perform a load test on your application by running a scenario
- Record scripts in the web environment using the Virtual User Generator (VuGen)
- Measure steps and business processes using transactions
- Parameterize scripts to vary user input data
- Customize scripts by adding VuGen and basic C language functions
- Correlate scripts to process server-generated data