Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) lets you develop and deploy Java applications on desktops and servers. Java offers the rich user interface, performance, versatility, portability, and security that today’s applications require.
This Java SE 8 Fundamentals training introduces you to object-oriented programming using the Java language. By enrolling in this course, you’ll expand your knowledge of Java SE 8, while building your Java skill set. Also, You’ll build a solid basis in the Java programming language upon which to base continued work and training. Through hands-on exercises, you’ll begin to build a baseline of knowledge to propel your career in development.
Delegates will learn how to
- Use Java programming language constructs to create a Java technology application.
- Use decision and looping constructs and methods to dictate program flow.
- Understand basic object oriented concepts such as inheritance, encapsulation, and abstraction.
- Use and manipulate object references, and to write simple error handling code.
- Use the new SE 8 java.time and java.time.format packages to format and print the local date and time.
- Specify a data modification by passing a predicate lambda expression to the Collections class.