This entry-level course provides a comprehensive overview of project management that focuses on applying the core principles to make better decisions, understand consequences and generate success. Relevant for any project in any area of business, the course covers the pragmatic skills and techniques necessary for effective project delivery.
As more and more business critical initiatives are being planned and executed as projects, it is essential that organisations are fully equipped with the skills, tools, working practices, processes and mind-sets such that projects can be clearly defined, realistically planned and effectively managed.
Delegates will learn how to
- Differentiate between project management and the operating environment
- Define the management structure by which projects operate
- Apply project management planning
- Describe project scope management
- Contribute to scheduling and resource management
- Apply risk management and issue management
- Define project quality management
- Manage communication in the project environment
- Recognise the importance of stakeholder management
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork