This experience-based course introduces participants to a comprehensive yet flexible decision-making framework that can be used for all types of decisions. Participants experience each step in the framework first-hand through a variety of individual, small-group, and large group exercises. As the participants discuss and learn about decision-making, they will use the Decision Making Portrait, a self-reflective tool, to analyze their personal decision making approach. Because many decisions in organizations today are made by groups, participants also explore group decision-making through an in-depth, experiential case study.
Delegates will learn how to
- Discuss the three cornerstones of making high-quality decisions
- Frame a decision outcome they hope to achieve
- Define the key stakeholders and their roles in the participant’s personal decision making process
- Recognize how decision making patterns impact others and the decision making process
- Apply intuitive and data-driven decision making in appropriate situations
- Apply a framework and use tools to manage high-quality decisions
- Lead a group to a high-quality decision
This course is designed for managers, team leaders, analysts, and individuals who want to make high quality decisions.