This course provides a detailed understanding of the Db2 for z/OS facilities and procedures required to provide database users with efficient administration and support. It explains the system architecture and facilities of Db2 including monitoring, security and recovery techniques.
Delegates will learn how to
- describe the Db2 environment, and understand the use of key Db2 components such as buffer pools, the Db2 catalog and directory, logging data sets, etc.
- describe the internal structure of Db2 for z/OS databases
- understand and assess security and related requirements
- use Db2 commands to monitor and control Db2 objects, processes and operations
- understand and use the full complement of Db2 online data and recovery utilities
- understand and use the Db2 stand-alone utilities
- use Db2 traces to record performance monitoring information
- understand and interpret information in Db2PM accounting and statistics reports.
Those responsible for the ongoing support and administration of Db2 for z/OS databases.