The course is designed for those applications programmers, designers, analysts and DBAs responsible for developing and maintaining an efficient Db2 LUW environment. The presentation combines formal classroom tuition with hands-on, practical workshop sessions, which will introduce all aspects of relational technology as implemented by Db2 for Linux, UNIX or MS Windows.
Delegates will learn how to
- use Command Center or other SQL execution environments (e.g. WinSQL) to code SQL statements
- use the System Catalog
- describe and control the locking strategy used by Db2 to maintain data integrity
- list the different development environments available
- explain the use and implementation of Stored Procedures and UDFs using the Development Center
- list the different types of indexes and the use of Index Advisor
- use Visual Explain
- use and understand the Health Center
- describe the development and execution of Utilities
- explain the use of Journals
- describe the Replication Center
- explain the use of the Task Center
- describe the use the Event Analyzer
- explain the Indoubt Transaction Manager
- use the Memory Visualizer
- describe the Configuration Assistant.
All those who are exposed to, or are required to write and perform activities associated with application development and implementation, in a Db2 for Linux, UNIX, AIX or Windows environment.