Spreadsheets and large tables can be complex, difficult to decipher, and present barriers to extracting valuable information parsed from an organization’s data. But applying best practices for data visualization will allow you to solve problems, identify how to use visuals in presentations and reports, and make decisions. You will learn the basics of the visual perception of data as well as strengthen and practice these new techniques through a capstone exercise.
Delegates will learn
- Describe the importance of data visualization for business intelligence and decision-making
- Identify purposes and uses of data visualization for the organization
- Analyze effective design practices for data visualization
- Compare and contrast performance measurement data using effective data visuals
- Use data visuals to convey distribution and relationships
- Construct effective data visuals to solve workplace problems
This course is an entry-level course for those who are interested in or work with data sets for visual presentation.