This course starts by showing you the various techniques of pre-processing your data. You will then get well-versed with the basics of data analysis with Java, how data changes state, and how Java fits into the overall analysis picture. You will then learn to apply the basic analysis to your business needs and create time-series predictions. Finally, you will see how to implement statistical data analysis techniques using Java APIs. You will also use JDBC to connect Java to SQL and MySQL databases. At the end of the course, you will have a thorough understanding of how to manipulate and analyze your data to gain intuitive, actionable insights.
What You’ll Learn
- Get familiar with various data pre-processing techniques
- Develop Java programs that analyze data sets of nearly any size, including text
- Implement important machine learning algorithms such as regression, classification, and clustering
- Interface with and apply standard open source Java libraries and APIs to analyze and visualize data
- Work with NoSQL databases
- Employ Java tools to visualize data in various forms
If you are a student, Java developer or budding data scientist who wishes to learn the fundamentals of data analysis and learn to perform data analysis with Java, this course is for you. Some familiarity with elementary statistics and relational databases will be helpful but is not mandatory, to get the most out of this course. A firm understanding of Java is required.