This ASP.NET course provides a practical hands-on introduction to developing Web applications using ASP.NET Core 2.0 and C#. This Web development framework from Microsoft emphasizes separation of concerns in the architecture and testability of applications. Working with .NET Core is now simpler, as project information is consolidated in project files without the need for source JSON files.
This course covers the fundamentals of the Model-View-Controller design pattern and its implementation in ASP.NET Core MVC. This technology is compared with classical ASP.NET Web Forms. Visual Studio 2017 with ASP.NET Core 2.0 is used as a productive platform for creating MVC Web applications. After presenting the fundamentals of the technology with several examples, the main components of Model, Controller and View are covered in detail. The discussion of the Model incorporates Microsoft technologies for persisting data, including XML Serialization and ADO.NET with SQL Server 2016. The routing mechanism of ASP.NET MVC is covered. The course includes an introduction to ASP.NET Web API.
Delegates will learn how to
- Gain a thorough understanding of the philosophy and architecture of Web applications using ASP.NET Core MVC
- Gain a practical understanding of.NET Core
- Acquire a working knowledge of Web application development using ASP.NET Core MVC 6 and Visual Studio 2017
- Persist data with XML Serialization and ADO.NET with SQL Server 2016
- Create HTTP services using ASP.NET Core Web API
- Deploy ASP.NET Core MVC applications to the Windows Azure cloud