This course is the essential foundation for anyone intending to work in an AIX technical environment. The course introduces and explains the AIX computing environment at a conceptual and terminological level, and also includes a number of practical, hands-on exercises that reinforce the knowledge gained during the formal classroom sessions.
Delegates will learn how to
- use AIX documentation
- move around the AIX directory structure
- create, copy and move files and directories
- understand AIX file permissions
- use the vi editor
- list and control processes
- understand and use AIX metacharacters
- use grep, cut, awk, sed and sort
- change login profiles
- understand the basics of AIX scripting
- use basic archiving commands
- utilise basic and advanced utilities.