This course, teaches the installation, customisation and day-to-day running of the AIX operating system. The course comprises formal classroom teaching and a number of practical, hands-on sessions.
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- install AIX 6.1 and install subsequent software and fixes
- perform system shutdown and startup
- use SMIT for system administration
- configure and administer hardware
- describe how the LVM works
- create, administer and query Volume Groups, Logical Volumes and Physical Volumes
- create and administer jfs2 filesystems
- configure paging space
- configure AIX users and Groups
- backup and restore a system
- run jobs at scheduled times.